Job Title: Structural Design Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 1, 2019
Why Work Here?
“A Fortune 500 company that values employees, incentivizes performance and offers excellent benefits”
Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 500 Company Steel Dynamics, Inc., currently is seeking applicants in Structural Design Engineering at our Butler, Indiana facility.
Among the benefits our client offers are Profit Sharing, Incentive Bonuses, 401k, Medical Insurance, and Restricted Stock Units.
Structural Design Engineer duties include, but are not limited to:
• Design Joists, Joist Girders and Steel Decking according to Steel Joist Institute and Steel Deck Institute standards.
• Roof/floor designs for projects including Retail Buildings, Schools, Warehouses, etc.
• Design structural steel and connections to applicable codes and standards.
• Provide engineering direction to detailing, design, sales and production departments.
• Interpret contract documents and communicate with Architects/Engineers of Record/Fabricators on product design requirements.
• Become conversant in AISC, AISI, SJI, and SDI codes and specs.
Qualifications: B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis or experience in structures required. E.I.T. Certification required. Must be able to operate effectively in a fast paced, production driven environment. P.E. Certification and/or experience in the steel industry is a plus.