Job Title: Sr. Application Field Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: May 27, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide answers to technical questions from customers as well as company sales, customer service and other department personnel concerning the proper and optimum application of the full range of products offered by the company.
• Particular products and areas of competence will be assigned and stressed on an individual basis in agreement between the employee and supervisor.
• Analyze customer needs, then develop and write formal technical specifications, performance requirements and proposals for application and integration of products for customer applications including simulating customer applications either in the laboratory environment or through computer program simulation to resolve problems or confirm proper sizing and control solutions.
• Qualify and test alpha products with other components on the market to ensure compatibility.
• Create new part designs and product modifications and submit them to the product commission in Israel for approval following the Engineering modification request form.
• Work with product development and product engineering in Israel to recognize and diagnose chronic problems and failure mechanisms and provide solutions to improve the products Participate in meetings, seminars and training sessions to stay appraised of new developments in the field.
• Acquires new technology skills through attendance at in-house training seminars as well as commercial or academic training courses.
• Practical knowledge of electrical – mechanical motion /automation systems and their use.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to work independently on single items as well as cohesively and efficiently as part of a team.
• Knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software; Development software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software, spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering is required
• Previous engineering experience in the electromechanical motion control and / automation systems industry is required