Job Title: Senior System Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: May 14, 2020
• Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
• Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
• In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
• Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
• Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
• Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
• Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
• Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
• Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
• Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
Technical Skills Required:
• 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
• Candidates must have good verbal and written communications and be comfortable working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
• Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems and applications.
• Domain knowledge of SIGINT processing.
• Strong organizational, communication and documentation skills.
• Cross team / Thread engineering experience.
• Understanding of development, testing, deployment, and configuration management processes/methodologies.
• Java experience is beneficial.
Minimum Experience Required:
• Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a systems engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional release management experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• TS/SCI with Polygraph Required