Job Title: Senior SQL Database Developer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: April 9, 2019
Our client is seeking a Senior SQL Database Developer to support our ITSS II. This position requires an active Top-Secret Clearance, DOD IAT level II or III Certification, and SQL or ASP.NET certification.
• Coordinate with J6 to engineer a cross-domain solution to replicate SA SQL Server data to an SQL Server on DTRANET-S.
• Verify SQL Server Technical Security Implementation Guide (STIG) settings are required for ST&E annual security reviews and periodic insider threat reviews (DTRANET-U and DTRANET-S).
• Develop an Insider Threat Module for a version of SecureAccess (SA) on the DTRANET-S. Replicate and install SA on the DTRANET-S.
• Develop a module to track the Agency’s Information Assurance (IA) workforce personnel for both Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Insider Threat reporting requirements.
• Conduct daily comparisons of SA data with active directory.
• Liaison between IP-SC (Insider Threat, Personnel Security and Visitor Services) and Chief, Information Officer (CIO/J6) system administrators with regard to active directory accounts to include disabling of those accounts.
• Maintains database by identifying and solving database requirements; supporting users.
• Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
• Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
• Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
• Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
• Provides information by answering questions and requests.
• Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state- of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• 10 years of experience required.
• Top-Secret clearance required.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II or III compliant certification required.
• SQL and/or ASP.NET certification.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia
• Type of environment: Office Setting
• Noise level: Soft
• Work schedule: 1st Shift
• Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance
• Top-Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.