Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 24, 2019
The Senior Process Engineer will play a critical role in product development and manufacturing scale up activities at our world-class manufacturing facility. This position will be responsible for working with technical team members to operate state-of-the-art thin-film coating and holographic patterning equipment, conduct experiments to determine optimal processing conditions, and perform standard optical characterization. This individual will work alongside both Research Scientists and Production Operators.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in slot-die coating, roll-to-roll equipment, and process optimization. Experience in the following areas will be beneficial but no required: optical lithography, liquid/solid mixture preparation, lamination, dicing, and the physical and optical characterization of films. This individual should have the ability to develop, improve and follow standard work instructions and recipes. The candidate should have significant experience in all of these aspects of the position, be able to work meticulously, independently and be prompt and responsive in delivery of work product.
We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated and independent. We are seeking a flexible thinker. Someone able to problem-solve outside of their respective technical area.
• Use slot-die coating tools to prototype Client optical films and develop production processes.
• Establish standard procedures and lead their use and continuous improvement for operations and maintenance; lead management of change and quality validation processes for production processes; update process control strategies and standard work as changes occur.
• Lead continuous improvement activities through detailed data analysis and root cause problem analysis, developing and ensuring the completion of the corrective and preventative action follow ups, driving our production losses to zero.
• Ensure effective commercialization of new products by partnering with R&D to develop and transfer them into production, from bench top to a fully automated slot-die coater tool, and to roll-to-roll coating equipment.
• Apply process improvement tools including statistical process control, process mapping, control charts, design of experiments, Lean methodology and process capability studies to achieve business objectives.
• Provide day-to-day leadership and oversight for the execution, standardization and monitoring of commercial product(s) manufacturing, as well as continuous improvement around production, compliance and safety for their area.
• Be the subject matter expert on core manufacturing and operational technologies for the manufacturing unit, including select commercial processes supporting and internal to our fully automated slot die coating system.
• Prioritizes safety at all times.
• Prior manufacturing experience in slot-die coating processes; this may or may not include experience in the semiconductor or optics/photonics industry.
• Familiarity with precision volume manufacturing processes.
• Experience working within quality management systems and ISO 9001 environments.
• Ability to translate product attributes and outcomes to processing conditions and equipment parameters.
• Must have a strong statistical background and be data driven. Capable of developing and executing engineering test plans and capturing a robust set of data.
• Able to work in clean room for extended period.
Ability to work well under pressure and aggressive deadlines. Proven ability to effectively work as a member of a team. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are essential. Must be able to establish strong working relationships across the organization. Must be data driven and capable of developing and executing engineering test plans and capturing a robust set of data. Must be articulate and capable of producing written work that concisely address the matters assigned. Strong background in statistics and statistical methods would be desirable.
Education & Experience:
• BS in a science/engineering field.
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role.