Job Title: R&D Engineer- Mechanical (Vibration Theory)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 31, 2019
This position is a member of the engineering team responsible for the development of innovative, industry-leading wheel balancing machines for use in the automotive service industry. This position will be responsible for taking machine design projects from conception through production release.
· Creative and innovative new product research & development.
· Develop wheel balancing and vibration reduction technology to ensure that Hunter Engineering remains the technology leader in this segment.
· Validate machine design through analysis and testing as well as designing test fixtures and special instrumentation where necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
· 10+ years vibration theory and analysis.
· Design and development of balancing machines.
· Development of sensor calibration schemes and algorithms.
· Proactive decision maker with a strong sense of creativity.
· Must thrive in a team environment.
· Electro/mechanical sensor design experience.
· System control theory experience.