Job Title: Quality Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: April 11, 2019
Our client is seeking a Quality Engineer that will be responsible for coordinating production part approval and development of quality plans for customer provided military/aerospace product to ensure quality requirements are understood and met. The QE will champion corrective & preventive actions as well as continual improvement activities on items related to quality & quality systems. The ideal candidate will be motivated to grow with the company and gain additional responsibility as the opportunity arises.
As Quality Engineer, you will drive continual improvement throughout the organization by:
• Organizing current documentation (SOP’s, DFC’s, WI’s, Forms, etc..) into a system that meets AS9100 and NADCAP standards. Once organized, develop and implement a document management process that maintains compliance.
• Performing internal supplemental audits to verify that facility records and processes (e.g., equipment, training files) are in conformance to applicable SOP and AS9100, ISO13485, and NADCAP standards.
• Assist in the development of statistical methods for control of processes.
• Developing Quality plans for all products.
• Assist in the development of training programs for inspection and production personnel for all quality areas. Ability to become and IPC610 and J-STD-001 trainer.
• Assisting and/or hosting during inspections by customer auditors and third party registrars.
• Interfacing with QC/Mfg, Program Management, customers, and suppliers in problem resolution, and continual improvement.
• Performing gap analysis of quality and analyzing monthly trending reports of key quality indicators to ensure continuous improvement.
• Detailed review of new and revised customer drawings for Mil Spec requirements.
• Responding to customer complaints, inquiries and audit requirements with appropriate sense of urgency and business criticality.
• Coordinate Corrective/Preventive Action and perform problem solving and root cause analysis as needed.
To qualify for the job of Quality Engineer you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred and strong technical background with 3 years in the electronics manufacturing or PCB industry or similar experience.
• Excellent knowledge of military/aerospace, CAPA, and continuous improvement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, interpret and develop documents, instructions, operation manuals, safety rules, etc.
• Basic computer skills in MS Office, including Word and Excel. Knowledge of manufacturing Monitoring and MRP systems. Understanding of SPC and SQC.
• Hands-on, practical approach to Quality with ability to work with all departments within organization.