As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will manage QA employees on all operations that fall within assigned department responsibilities. The Manager must have a working knowledge/certification on SQF, FDA, HACCP requirements and Acidified Foods; at least 1 – 2 years QA management experience; and a BA in Food Science.
- Responsible for enforcing company rules and regulations per the Handbook guidelines.
- Responsible for the development, management and monitoring of all aspects of the quality function including scheduling and supervision of all QA associates
- Responsible for the supervision, development, and motivation of hourly team members
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining Food Safety procedures with the production team members partnering with Production Management.
- Responsible for training the team members on the critical points of the food safety system
- Responsible for insuring the quality, food safety and consistency of all NF&B foods products
- Responsible for maintaining all safety related initiatives including, but not limited to, safety programs and incentives
- Must be capable of learning and using with a high skill level the Accounting and Manufacturing systems used by NF&B, in addition to Label View Label program.
- Must be capable of learning and using with a high skill level the ETQ system used by Truco Ent.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators for the operations to help meet production specifications and product standards, as well as reduce overall cost, maximize productivity and profitability
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and maintaining current product and new product specification and standards in conjunction with the R&D Manager.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and maintaining all food safety, HACCP plan and regulatory programs in conjunction with the SQF Practitioner.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, maintaining and managing quality systems and documentation.
- Responsible for all quality related communications with outside customers, auditors and suppliers.
- Responsible for coordinating all sampling, testing, retention and analysis programs.
- Responsible for maintaining all Quality related documentation and records.
- Responsible for all Quality staff training and development.
- Responsible for reviewing all Preventative Maintenance & Plant Improvement Plans issues.
- Responsible for all annual employees training as prescribed under Annual Training Requirements in the Training SOP.
- Responsible for auditing all internal aspects of the facility.
- Responsible for the auditing of, and compliance with, all current Good Manufacturing Policies jointly with the Production Manager.
- Develop and maintain Key Quality Indicators for the company to help meet all customer specifications and industry standards.
- Responsible for the management of the Pest Control Program.
- Responsible for maintaining FDA Processing Authority documents in conjunction with the R&D Manager.
- Responsible for the monitoring and verification of environmental cleanliness, daily Pre-Op sanitation cleanliness, and Allergen sanitation cleanliness programs.
- Responsible for maintaining Gluten-Free certification and routine monitoring of products and equipment.
- Responsible for the calibration program of laboratory equipment and production scales.
- As a Certified Better Process Control School for Acid and Acidified Foods employee, the QA Manager has the primary responsibility for reviewing all daily production paperwork and maintaining the records.
- Responsible for maintaining FDA Process Deviation Records and Corrective Actions.
- Responsible for effective interaction with all members of the Manager/Supervisor team.
Job Type: Full-time
- SQF: 1 year (Required)
- Quality Assurance Management in Food Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Quality Assurance in Food Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- HACCP (Required)
- Acidified Foods (Required)
- SQF (Required)