Job Title: Project Manager, PMO
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: April 11, 2019
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our new PM Office. The right candidate for this position will have solid knowledge of best practices in project management and will be at ease collaborating with cross functional partners. This position will support projects throughout the commercialization process, therefore prior experience within the food industry or other CPG companies is desired.
About The Position
As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), this position is responsible for oversight of all aspects of project execution for multiple projects and project types, across business channels in support of Client’s strategic growth plans. Accountable to the successful initiation, planning, execution, controlling, and closing stages of a project as established by the PMBOK Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
Essential Functions: Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
• Utilizes the Stage Gate process and other existing tools to manage multiple development projects from project approval to customer delivery.
• Responsible for managing the integration of a project so that project objectives are met by utilizing the right resources, in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Clearly defines, manages, and controls project requirements and scope. Ensures there is cross-functional alignment on project objectives and deliverables.
• Achieves timely completion of projects by developing and maintaining accountability to project milestones and schedules. Builds project schedules by identifying sequence of activities, durations, resource availability, and schedule constraints.
• Analyzes projects on an ongoing basis to identify issues which may affect project status and timelines.
• Understands how product development and supply chain components impact project costs. Provides clear communication and visibility to Marketing Business Lead of costs impacts due to scope changes.
• Works cross-functionally; identifies right resources needed and establishes clear roles and expectations for the project team. Coach and mentor, proactively recognizes opportunities for improvement and works with team throughout the project to develop necessary competencies.
• Identifies communication needs for the project team and stakeholders; communicates the right information, at the right time, to the right people. Effectively communicates to the project team scope decisions made by business lead and key stakeholders.
• Leads effective project team meetings. Encourages cross-functional collaboration, provides direction to the project team, outlines priorities, assigns tasks as needed, and addresses issues/risks impacting project.
• Escalates issues to project sponsors/management as needed and provides visibility to risk. Works proactively with project team to identify issues and mitigate risks throughout the project.
• Leads projects with a continuous improvement mindset. Leverages Post-project launch meetings to recognize and celebrate team successes. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on trends, key issues and problems. Creates plans to address within the team, PMO, and future projects.
• Maintains effective relationships with key business partners to facilitate the management and execution of projects.
• Adheres and promotes rigorous and disciplined used of CM’s project management tools, processes and systems as established by the PMO in a manner that is consistent with CM’s culture of collaboration and strong customer service orientation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals qualified with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent knowledge of project management tools and procedures. Knowledge of people management skills, particularly influence management and conflict resolution.
• Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills required. Possess strong listening, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to manage projects through cross-functional teams, provide direction, and hold project team accountable. Able to work with team to resolve conflicts and find agreeable solutions.
• Ability to develop and assimilate data to create plans and proposals.
• The ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment. Flexible, with the ability to handle changing environment and priorities.
• Strong root cause problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of operations, finance, R&D, and manufacturing: including scheduling; procurement; conversion; and quality systems.
• Continuous improvement skills and methodologies.
• Must be proficient in Power Point, Excel and other MS office applications. Experience in Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, or other Project Management tools a plus.
• Financial and business acumen.
• Less than 10% travel required.
Education And/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience/training.
• Minimum 3 years project management experience, preferably in the food industry in either R&D or Sales Operations.
• Experience in CPG sales operations, manufacturing, operations or supply chain preferred.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certificate in Project Management a plus.