Job Title: Production Planning Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 24, 2019
Purpose of the Position:
This is a management role under the guidance of the Vice President- Operations. In this role, you will be the immediate deputy in charge of production planning operations. The Production Planning Manager is responsible for planning and managing production schedules using Epicor ERP software to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels. Through close collaboration with Departmental Production Managers, the Purchasing Manager and other support departments, the position holder supports and coordinates efficient and timely acquisition of all goods and components for the manufacture of ruggedized enclosures and electronic integrated systems for shipment to our defense industry customers. The Production Planning Manager is to support the optimization of the business growth strategy.
Key Accountabilities, Duties and Tasks:
1. Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company ERP system.
2. Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
3. Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
4. Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected items, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
5. Completes shipping information and delivery date input during sale order reviews.
6. Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget
7. Reviews work in process material sweeps from production floor.
8. Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process using the material requirement planning report.
9. Works directly with the Purchasing department to coordinate releases of purchase orders for production materials of all purchases to support production plan.
10. Interfaces with manufacturing team, purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
This role liaises with heads of departments and has supervisory responsibility of a group of professionals and operative staff within the production department.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Bachelor’s degree in production, supply chain or manufacturing preferred.
Associate’s degree in Social Sciences, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration will be considered providing adequate pertinent work experience.
A minimum of Three (3) years of relevant progressively responsible experience in Production Planning, using EPICOR ERP software, in a fast-paced manufacturing work environment.
Experience with mechanical and electrical assembly manufacturing preferred.
Defense industry experience a plus.
Production Planning using the EPICOR ERP System is required.
Competency in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PPT.
Excellent Communication, Problem Solving and Collaboration Skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to co-ordinate with the various departments; Sales, Purchasing, Production and Engineering in order to;
Determine the sequence of operations for continuous production.
Planning production floor capacity for future production programs.
Maintain production schedules to ensure delivery at proper time; improve on-time performance.
Regulating from the first stage of procuring raw materials to the stage of finished goods.
Decision making for work force level, production lot sizes, assignment of overtime and sequencing of production runs.