Job Title: PROCESS/PROJECT ENGINEER
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 24, 2019
We are currently seeking to hire a Process/Project Engineer for our manufacturing facility in Port Newark, NJ.
This position supports operations by increasing product output and quality through design modification of existing and installation of new equipment. This may include, and is not limited to new facilities design and start-up, troubleshooting and process improvements such as filtration, deodorization, interesterification, bleaching, and process flow control.
This plant-based position is a key team member of the owner’s production team, in some cases leading the implementation projects and coordinating process design activities performed by engineering and construction contractors.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Performs process studies to identify opportunities to improve manufacturing and energy efficiency
• Presents results to management both verbally and in written reports
• Diagnoses process deficiencies, and create design improvements
• Performs process modeling studies to identify improvement opportunities
• Develops with the stake holders clear project premises, budgets scopes and detailed schedules
• Manages project finances, with a strong control of scope, schedule deviation
• Evaluates process schemes from operating data as needed
• Prepares process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation
• Updates and maintains documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation functional descriptions.
• Develops capital investments projects following the appropriate stage gate methodology
• Executes capital projects managing schedule, scope and costs.
• Reports on capital projects to management and senior management regarding current activities and forecast
• Safety, Health and Environmental Performance
• Demonstrates safety leadership in day to day activities and by incorporation in process designs
• Gatekeeper for the process aspects of Management of Change
• Educates and coaches operations and maintenance personnel to facilitate understanding of new processes
• Participates in process safety reviews
• Assists the Safety and Environmental Manager as necessary by implementing environmental improvement initiatives
• Additional responsibilities
• Provides oversight of contractor(s) process design performance
• Participates in planning for plant commissioning & start-up
• Provides consulting on process questions as a member of the start-up team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
• Strong preference for manufacturing plant based work environment
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in project based engineering with a focus on capitol project execution
• Excellent understanding and ability to apply fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid transport and reaction chemistry
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Track record of successfully meeting schedule deadlines
• Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time to US and foreign destinations.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
• Familiarity with process simulation software applications such as Aspen or ChemCAD
• Proficiency with scheduling software such as MS Project
• Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
• Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills