Job Title: PLC Controls Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 1, 2019
PLC CONTROLS ENGINEER
The PLC Controls Engineer is responsible for performing highly technical and diversified duties specific to the installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Tech support and software changes to PLC equipment
• Continuous improvement and modernization of older systems
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Troubleshooting Siemens, Allen Bradley/Direct Logic PLC’s as well as integrated software to analyze AC motor controls.
• Write in advanced control system programming for GE, Siemens and/or Allen Bradley.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Detailed troubleshooting of production line automation components, involving electrical and mechanical systems. Including schematic knowledge, ladder logic, drive installation, and basic programming.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BSEE preferred – An AA degree with equivalent maintenance experience.
• The ability to read and interpret electrical schematics to repair electrical systems.
• Project management experience and strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
• 5+ years of successful industrial experience with electrical controls systems.
• In-depth knowledge of industrial electronics, pneumatic, hydraulics and basic mechanical abilities.
• Experience with repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
• Knowledge of National Electric Code is a plus.
• A firm understanding of Three Phase electrical theory.
• Ability to troubleshoot Siemens machine controls.
• Nonwovens experience preferred.
• Ability to read information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good interpersonal, team-building and leadership skills.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documents.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors and other employees of the organization.
• Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
• Experience working effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Ability to frequently walk and reach with hands and arms along with lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, while using safe lifting practices.
• Ability to climb ladders and work in high elevations of 40 feet while maintaining safety requirements and establishing work safe practices throughout the department.