Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer – Chassis
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: April 9, 2019
Our client is a start-up specializing in manufacturing high performance 4-motor vehicles.
We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer at our facility in San Jose to help in the design and analysis of vehicle component packaging: ranging from wiring harnesses and cooling circuits to HV battery pack, powertrain and suspension.
You must be detail-oriented and be able to show initiative with minimal guidance. We’re looking for a self-starter.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop new concepts following DFM best practices
• Prove out concepts through analysis
• Issue GD&T drawings to vendors
• Maintain PDM and PLM
• Collaborate with electrical and controls engineers in packaging of high voltage and low voltage electrical components.
• 3+ years in automotive industry or project experience (e.g. Formula SAE Electric)
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
• Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
• Strong experience with CAD and CAE analysis tools
• Familiarity with use of workshop and machine tools
• Experience with High Voltage systems is preferable
Must be eligible to work in USA
Contract Type: Full time
Role includes medical, dental, PTO and flexible schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
• Automotive: 3 years (Required)
• Bachelor’s (Preferred)
• United States (Required)
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
• Flexible schedules