Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: April 3, 2019
This position is responsible for the management of the various pieces of equipment and has responsibility for coordinating all aspects of weld quality to provide customer satisfaction.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
• Develop a precise means of management for optimal and cost effective operation’s satisfaction
• Support all aspects of manufacturing activities in welding and fabrication with regard to quality, weld integrity and dimensional accuracy
• Direct activities of Fabrication Technicians to maintain and improve equipment efficiency and reliability while improving safety and quality
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related degree
• Five years of experience with fabrication or similar manufacturing environment
• 3D CAD experience
• Must pass any drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests as applicable
• Seven years of experience with fabrication or similar manufacturing environment
• CWI/CWE certification with programming experience on lasers, robots, CNC, etc
• Six-Sigma certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
• Knowledge of automated fabrication processes
• Effective communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to be proactive
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Work effectively in a team environment through delegation
• Flexibility in a fast-paced environment; available for overtime
• Ability to operate and maintain the following equipment: CO2 Lasers, CNC Bending Presses, Welding Robots and CNC Machining Centers, Manual and Semi-Auto Welding Processes (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW)
• Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
Both office environment and occasionally manufacturing/factory environment
Subject to noise and temperature changes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to 12 hour shifts/7 days a week.
• Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions.
• Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist.
• Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed.
• Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force.
• Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work in multiple climates including: hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment.