Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: April 9, 2019
Develop and facilitate the introduction of new processes, equipment and methods to improve manufacturing productivity, throughput, capability, consistency and/or safety. Coordinate the orderly transition and installation of new equipment and/or methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Must know Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and technical procedures and work instructions as it applies to the position.
• Develop project proposals for tooling and manufacturing equipment.
• Develop feasibility studies, cost analyses and time studies.
• Perform research, mechanical design, build, test, and commission manufacturing equipment.
• Develop equipment documentation such as operating instructions, equipment service manuals, and equipment diagrams, drawings of parts and assemblies, and bills of material.
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Work in a team environment, conferring with appropriate personnel to clarify and resolve problems and develop solutions.
• Prepare and direct the preparation of layout and mechanical drawings of parts and assemblies.
• Work with outside suppliers to resolve problems with material and/or equipment. Implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
• Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised production equipment.
• Research, design and development manufacturing processes and process improvements with consideration of production work flow, assembly methods and equipment capabilities.
• Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
• Design, develop, test, source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
• Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency. Support maintenance in equipment improvements and repairs.
• Write procedures and reports.
• Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment desired Knowledge of machine design, metal fabrication, welding processes and automation desired
• Ability to communicate and cooperate effectively on cross-functional teams.
• Must be a self-starter, innovative and able to work independently to solve problems
• Understanding of mechanical design, mechanical drawing standards to define fabrication processes experience reviewing manufacturing processes and to identify problems and improvement opportunities
• Ability to prepare cost and labor estimates as well as business cases for investing in capital equipment
• PC skills including drafting software, 3D modeling (Inventor preferred), experience using spreadsheets and word processing software
• Familiar with computer tools that may be developed
• Steel-Toed Shoes
• Hearing Protection
• Safety Glasses
• Calipers, Micrometers & other measuring tools
• Notebook & Pen
Physical Demand Category
Medium Work Exerting 21 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 11 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.