Job Title: Advanced Development Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: December 20, 2019
• Our Client. is a high energy, vibrant company that aims to place great people in the right opportunity.
• We are looking for an Advanced Development Engineer to be responsible for challenging traditional Hydraulic System Architecture through research and development.
• The goal of the engineer is to develop Hydraulic Fluid Conditioning Devices for the industries client is active in and intending to enter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• (Other duties may be assigned): Meet the objectives described above in the “Job Purpose” section. Serve as a technical liaison between customers and Our client in a manner that creates positive relationships internal and external to the business.
• Effectively utilize computer aided drafting and simulation techniques to create and validate manufacturing documents and solutions.
• Prepare sketches or drawings, set up specifications and other pertinent design data for layout drawings, and NC program files.
• Prepare innovative cost-effective products that proactively take into account the following: Customer Collaboration. Model Creation. Design Calculations. Cost Model Verification (YS). Design Reviews (HI-354). Take the lead role on project execution.
• Research / Development tests. Field Test Concept – Design – Production Validation. Accept responsibility as the engineering representative on all products that the incumbent works on. Provide cost data for the purposes of evaluating the impact of design changes.
• Provide necessary weekly reports and project schedule updates as requested by the Supervisor, BDM or project team leaders. Provide an active technical leadership role in product reviews. Demonstrates the ability to effectively lead the introduction of complex new products (to customer & into production).
• Provide timely, efficient communication to customers internal and external to the business, and ensure that customer requirements are clearly understood and met. Work closely with all other business groups to address issues and opportunities.
• Perform all job functions within the established business practices and processes. Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
• Ensure the maintenance of equipment as well as maintaining departmental housekeeping standards.
OTHER EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS: Five years of related Mechanical Engineering and customer interaction experience Working proficiency in CAD – 3D Design and Modeling Working proficiency in FEW Working proficiency in CFD a plus (will train) Five or more years of related experience Or a suitable combination of experience and education
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree; classes on Fluid Power ideal and some experience would be nice (5 years, not someone 20+ years!