Job Title: DIE CASTING SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 31, 2019
• Reach the established production and quality objectives for the shits assigned, by applying and efficient organization and distribution of the work between a production team formed by several workers.
• GENERAL FUNCTIONS*:
• Prepare equipment and work places and assign the operators to the different job positions depending on their technical knowledge and skills.
• Distribute and monitor the team work, as well as to provide the necessary support for the correction of possible deviations.
• Train/coach new team leader/operate if Team Leader does not exist in the area/make layer out flash audit.
• Watch over the fulfilment of the Labour Health and Safety policies in its responsibility area.
• Control and supervise the optimum performance of people, work places and equipments, as well as control skill matrix (polyvalence)
• Fill in the plant required documentation for production, quality, presence, etc.
• Monitor the achievement of the quality standards settle for processes and products.
• Report the Section Manager about the main effectiveness and efficiency ratios of its supervised area.
• Ensure an appropriate administration and us of the consumption materials.
• Participate in pre-shifting meetings and daily production meetings.
• Provide his/her team with the necessary means to comply with Health & Safety and Environment rules and assure they are properly used.
• Actively cooperate with the Department in the maintenance, promotion and improvement of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) and Environment and Quality Department.
The described functions are only the most representative for this position; therefore, they should not be understood as all the inherent functions related to this job position.
2. POSITION REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION & LANGUAGUES & EXPERTISE)
Academic background: Elementary, Secondary or Vocational training.
Additional training: Basic training in health and safety, fork lift certification, strong mechanical skills. Training required but not limited to: Fire Drill, Tornado Drill, SDS, ENV Awareness, HazCom, Annual Safety, Hazwoper.
Minimum Experience required: Quality, safety, people management and product techniques. Basic training in health and safety, and environmental management.
3. OTHER REQUIREMENTS: 2 years in a similar position
4. PROFESSIONAL CLASSIFICATION: Supervisor