Job Title: Corporate Quality Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: May 22, 2020
The Quality Manager has the responsibility for overall product safety, quality and regulatory compliance for the manufacturing plant. This includes the development and implementation of a preventative quality system, specification compliance, operator training and development, quality testing of ingredients and/or finished products, labeling, complaint handling, and communication with sales and plant personnel regarding quality program trends, issues and opportunities according to established policy and procedures.
Our Quality Manager Will:
• Manage QA department to ensure the safety and quality of raw material and packaged products at the plant level.
• Recruit, direct, coach, lead and supervise all QA personnel constantly raising the standard of performance. Establish education and development programs for employees including SOP’s, quality specifications, safety and job expectations.
• As part of the leadership team help drive culture change by leading as example with positive attitude and innovative thinking to contribute to the business strategy.
• Assist in driving quality standards on the production floor.
• Implement and monitor the company’s Quality Assurance Program at the facility according to established policies and procedures and assuring the accuracy of data.
• Process test the ingredients and ensure that the specifications are met and adhered to by production personnel.
• Monitor raw materials to ensure that specifications are met.
• Prepare and manage laboratory budget. Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve margins.
• Research and provide analytical results on customer complaints in a timely manner. Interact with customers as needed on complaint investigation and resolution. Professionally represent MSG on quality matters with vendors and customers.
• Assist operations with establishing procedures and supervising all product and process development and test runs, reporting all results.
• Manage inventory of off-spec materials, including the scheduling and reworking of products as needed.
• Maintain FDA compliance, SQF, HACCP and GMP programs.
• Conduct internal, vendor and contract manufacturing audits as required.
• Maintain and improve all current quality assurance lab data system reports. Conduct statistical analysis on production, lab and formula data.
• Maintain Kosher and Halal certification program and manage ingredient verification process.
• Ensure compliance with all company, state, federal and international safety and regulatory policies and practices as appropriate.
• Remain current on matters relating to production methods, formulations, analytical techniques and federal regulations as they relate to the Company’s products. Make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
• Assist with the education of production personnel in the monitoring of product quality. This includes the proper cleaning of production equipment and warehouse areas, performing sanitation audits and monitoring proper closure of bags and storage methods and monthly quality program training of employees.
• Coordinate pest control services.
• Take personal responsibility to engage in plant and food safety practices to prevent hazards that cause foodborne illness or injury and provide a clean, safe work environment and quality products with applicable regulatory laws and SQF code.
• Qualified and trained individual will provide as a back-up in the event of an absence of another employee.
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively document all process parameters and bring any deviations, including food safety problems, to supervisor’s attention.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
• Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Chemistry, Biology or related field preferred.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5+ years previous manufacturing QA Management experience.
• 4+ years of lab experience; strong knowledge of laboratory testing procedures and computer software applications.
• Experience in a food grade manufacturing facility preferred.
• Experience recognizing problems, analyzing them, offering solutions and using logical thought processes when making decisions.
• Ability to provide leadership, support, communication and direction to lab technicians, as well as other personnel.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
• Demonstrates high attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and completeness, hands-on mind-set, effective time management, proactive disposition and be a flexible team player.
• Strong leadership with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across functions, all levels of management, and customers.
• Self-motivated, proactive individual who will constantly seek improvement opportunities.
• Confident problem solver with quick decision-making capability.
• A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture.