Job Title: Civil Engineer – Site Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 31, 2019
Summary of Role
Provides design services for support of projects that involve Substation Engineering and Transmission Engineering for High Voltage Electric facilities. The position reports to the Supervisor of Civil/Site Development Engineering. The position interfaces with other discipline project leads, client engineering and construction managers, surveying and geotechnical engineering vendors, equipment and structure vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
· Work with project team to create or modify all civil site development design documents
· Use project specific standards and ensure that the design efforts are progressing in the most efficient manner possible
· Develop detail site development drawings
· Apply engineering application software for the design of site grading, drainage and site surveys
· Perform engineering and design functions a necessary to meet project schedules
· Communicate and coordinate project activities with customer representatives, project team, and management
· Ensure correct application of engineering standards including the NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
· Properly use the document management system
· Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
· Other duties as required
Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university, or equivalent degree with experience in the Civil Engineering field, is required.
Candidates must be a licensed professional engineer, or must be able to obtain licensure within two years of hire. If registered in a state other than where the engineer will practice, the individual must be able to obtain a license for the state of Texas within one year of date of hire.
A minimum of three years of direct experience and proven knowledge in civil site development design is required.
Possess skills in the following areas:
· The ideal candidate has experience with site design, grading, drainage, stormwater, land easements, surveying and earthwork as may be found in greenfield or expansion of existing electric substations or other similar type facilities
· Knowledge and understanding of soil erosion and sediment control, stormwater modeling, permitting, pavement design and specifications, as well as knowledge and understanding of electrical substation and transmission line components and their functions
· Proficient and having strong knowledge of common engineering application software; Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation 3D, Pondpack and associated design tools is preferred
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
· Extensive knowledge of site / civil design documents and drawings necessary to complete an electrical substation project
· Knowledge of common word processing, excel spreadsheets, and e-mail software
· Working in a team environment
· Communicating effectively with co-workers, vendors, clients, etc.
The Company provides life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or one of two HDHPs, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical illness insurance, group accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, a 401(k) with immediate vesting and more!