Job Title: Civil Engineer (Land Development)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: July 31, 2019
The position is for a production-level Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering Technician, or graduate from a Civil Engineering Technology program. Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D 2017 (or newer) is required.
The Engineer that fulfills this position will be an in-house resource for Engineering plan production which will require involvement in resolving the many technical challenges associated with a variety of projects. This individual will obtain significant mentorship, guidance, and on-the-job training relative to all facets of municipal, residential, and commercial land improvement. More critical than the particular discipline of collegiate engineering study is the candidate’s ability to problem-solve, work independently, evaluate various conditions efficiently and effectively, and demonstrate a common-sense approach to design.
At least 2 years of relevant experience (work with land development plans such as, residential subdivisions, commercial developments, roadway projects, plats, surveys, and the elements associated with these types of plans) is required.
• Extensive knowledge and proficiency in current release of AutoCAD Civil3D
• Possess a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Capacity to solve technical problems with innovative and economical solutions
• Highly motivated, independently productive, and willing to take on new challenges
• BS in Engineering/Engineering Technology
• Obtained, or ability to obtain, Engineer-In-Training (EIT) designation
• Knowledge and capability in the field of Land Surveying
• Participation in professional societies and extracurricular activities
• Applicable internship experience and/or work experience
• relevant: 2 years (Required)
• AutoCAD Civil 3D: 2 years (Required)
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Tuition reimbursement