Job Title: CAD Designer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, NY
Job Posted Date: December 20, 2019
Client is seeking an experienced CAD Manager to support the Engineering and Planning Departments and serve as a lead CAD and BIM technology resource at the project level.
The ideal candidate will work with the engineers and planners to outline technology objectives, requirements and design and documentation approaches as well as working closely with Client’s IT department to provide technical support and assistance with CAD workstations.
• Research and implement client-specific (PANYNJ, NJDOT etc) CAD standards.
• Develop in-house CAD standards and effectively implement these standards company-wide.
• Provide support to Client’s wide array of CAD users and environments by responding to requests for technical assistance either in person or remotely.
• Conduct CAD training for client staff.
• Maintain CAD training curriculum.
• Project oversight to ensure CAD compliance with client or in-house standards/requirements.
• Organize and maintain CAD folder structure and environment
• Provide production CAD support (drawing production, publishing documents etc.)
• Maintain in-house knowledge base of CAD standards, processes and procedures.
• Assistance with configuration of new CAD workstations.
• Assistance with installation and testing of new CAD software.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum 7 years of professional experience with CAD software in a production role required.
• Full working proficiency/knowledge of the following CAD software: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Infraworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, and all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of Revit preferred.
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS suite of products preferred.
• Ability to provide prompt technical support for all CAD-related issues.
• Ability to effectively train large groups of people in a classroom environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of CAD/BIM customizations based on the user or client’s specific project needs.
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to understand complex design and construction components. • Understands and anticipates the goals, needs and expectations of project teams and clients.
• Highly approachable and relates comfortably with coworkers across all levels, functions and geography.
• Autodesk certification a plus.