Job Title: Audio Visual Field Service Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Posted Date: December 16, 2019
As AV Field Service Engineer you will be the sole point of responsibility for consulting with clients and performing diagnostic tests, maintenance, and repair of Audio Video systems. If you enjoy troubleshooting, defining, escalating and resolving audio visual equipment & system problems for customers, this is a great career opportunity for you! Prior AV Installation/Service/Support experience is preferred. Experience and/or ability to interface with diverse clientele is required. Prior experience in commercial sound, video, lighting, projection systems, corporate conference room sound & video and video-conferencing support or service is preferred. Must be a self-motivated, results-oriented professional with strong oral and written communication skills. High standards for personal integrity, work ethic, professional presentation, and quality work are also required. The successful candidate is driven by quality customer service and is seeking a long-term employment opportunity.
This position is based out of Denville, NJ Office with flexible work schedule.
The AV Field Service Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting & interfacing with many different type of AV equipment including: Video Teleconferencing; Audio DSP systems; Biamp / QSC/Clearone ; Projection and Display Devices; Video Wall Display Systems; Digital Signage Systems; Crestron / AMX / Extron Control Systems; Polycom RealPresence; Cisco TelePresence systems; Wireless Microphones; PTZ Wall Cameras; Video Wall Displays; Dante; Cisco Unified Communications; Web Collaboration Systems; Micosoft Teams / Microsoft Lync Video & IM; VoIP Technologies.
• Act as main service liason in the field for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of AV systems and equipment
• Professional interfacing with clients & internal AV staff to provide service resolutions for highly complex AV Systems in a timely efficient manner
• Provide remote & onsite Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 service support
• Provide detailed service reports post client visits for quickest way to issue resolution
• Perform remote troubleshooting
• Assist with equipment firmware updates, preventive maintenance, managed services, and upgrades of customer’s systems as required
• Be a service visionary and contribute positively to the growth of AV as a Service
• Terminating common audiovisual cables as well as uninstalling and reinstalling AV equipment
• Loading, retrieving and troubleshooting Crestron and AMX code
• Programming Extron and SP control systems as well as configuring Polycom and Cisco videoconferencing systems
• Configuring Polycom, Vortex and ClearOne XAP audio conferencing systems
• Loading, retrieving and adjusting DSP audio systems i.e., Biamp, BSS, Polycom, etc.
• Setting and adjusting audio gain stages, video display systems and common audio equipment
• CTS or CTS-I preferred
• Minimum 3 years prior audio visual installation or service/support experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Ability to read and comprehend system drawings, specs, and tech manuals
• Quickly able to assess a technical problem and drive to resolution
• Proven experience installing, interfacing with & troubleshooting AV systems in an enterprise environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills
• Excellent customer service skills, considers the impact on the customer when making a decision
• Handle details accurately and in a timely manner under pressure
• Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
• Uses good judgment and tact
• Skilled in the use of AutoCAD
• MS Office – able to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access proficiently without training
• Collaborate with team members in a positive supportive manner